I don’t think I need to tell you much about Amazon.com
Depending on your love of online shopping and deals, you might even have Amazon Prime. Even though I love both online shopping and deals, I do not have Prime. I did have it when I was a student and I’ll occasionally take advantage of a few free months of Prime, but generally I find it easy to spend $35 on the website.
Now that we’ve covered that, here is how I shop Amazon.
1. I start my shopping at http://smile.amazon.com -> this link allows you to shop like normal BUT by starting here, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
2. If I come for a purpose and the total is over $35, then I’m done. If it’s not $35, I will check a few things:
- Is the item available for subscribe & save? Subscribe & save lets you save up to 15% and you receive FREE shipping on thousands of products. You can set how often you want the product mailed and cancel at any time. Sometimes I will order it this way and then immediately put the subscription on hold. (You save even more if you have 5 subscribe & save items a month).
- If not $35, I’ll check the subscribe and save coupons to see if I can find a deal.
- Next, I’ll check the Amazon deal’s section. The “Outlet” section has some great overstock grocery items!
- If I’m in a hurry, don’t need anything else and don’t want to buy something just for the sake of it, then I’ll ask a family member or friend to borrow their Prime, however, this rarely ever happens.
3. Sometimes I just go to Amazon to browse. Most of the time I browse my favorite clothing brands to see if I can find a deal. For example, I love AG jeans and can often get a great pair over 70% off. Delman shoes can also be a real steal on Amazon.